The Client: In 2016, I was approached by Jennifer Davy, an Alexander Technique teacher who worked primarily in Exeter. Jennifer was keen to modernise her
The Charities Edition
Charities have been the backbone of UK society since as early as 597 AD.
While we now take for granted modern advantages such as universal schooling and healthcare that’s free at the point of use – along with welfare benefits and council housing when we fall on hard times – for much of history, charities were the backbone of keeping people fed, clothed, and sheltered.
Many charities are now taking on additional responsibilities, tackling complex issues such as mental health, disability, homelessness, chronic illnesses, support for carers, and provision for children’s extracurricular activities.
You may be asking, ‘That’s all well and good, but what does this have to do with business?’
The answer to that, is everything.
Nowadays, many consumers are looking to make more ethical buying choices, so working with – and making donations to – a charity will give your business a strong selling point to attract customers.
And by doing your bit to help, not only will you encourage others to do theirs, but by supporting a charity that represents you and your company, you can promote the values that are most crucial to you.
So as you read through this charities edition of QUAY Magazine, why not consider how you could connect with some local good causes and begin a beautiful partnership?
4. The QUAY Team
5. Five First Aid Skills That Everyone Should Learn
8. WIN A Fantastic First Aid Kit For Your Business!
9. Interview With Stephen Watterson Of Support4CO
14. Hayley Helps: A Myriad Of Questions Answered
18. Can Working With A Charity Benefit Your Business?
21. Can You Afford Not To Listen To Your Clients?
25. Cat Rescue Press Release
29. Learning How To Fail
33. Networking: It’s Not What You Know
35. Home And Hope To Disadvantaged Young People
39. Health And Safety At Work
42. Coping With Freedom Anxiety
44. QUAY Book Review
48. QUAY Interview: The 365 Sea Swim Challenge
51. Are You Ready For Windows 11?
53. Building A Better Directory
55. Interview With David Coslett From Dame Hannahs
61. QUAY Magazine Mission Statement
If you are reading this article, it might be because you have noticed changes in your own cognitive health, or the cognition of a loved